In 2020, we focused on getting through. In 2021, we focused on getting better. Searches for the term “self-care” hit an all-time high in September 2020 and we’ve been scrambling to implement what we’ve found since. Life coaches, self-care teachers, online courses, massages, hobbies – self-care takes so many forms now. One of the easiest to execute, we’ve found, is journaling. All you need is five minutes, a pen and paper (or screen and keyboard), and you’re doing it. You’re practicing self-care.
Here are nine of our favorite journaling prompts to kick-off your self-care journey.
- Is there something you’ve always dreamt of doing but haven’t yet? What has held you back?
- Which of your own physical traits do you love and why?
- What is something in your life you would refuse to change for anyone?
- What is an experience you’re glad you had and yet never want to do again?
- Share a secret you’ve never told anyone before and have always wanted to get out.
- How do you cope when you feel vulnerable?
- What skill would you like to learn in the next year? 5 years? Lifetime?
- What have been the major turning points in your life?
- What is the biggest lesson you learned from a previous relationship? (Positive or negative)
Journaling is personal. It gives you the ability to have an honest conversation with yourself about how you feel, what you’ve been through, your emotions, and expressions. You get to analyze your experience without judgment and decide how you feel about it now.
Don’t worry – it doesn’t matter what your journaling looks like. What matters is the value and reflection you get out of it. Bullet points, scribbles, stream of consciousness, typing, drawing, however it looks and works for you is truly perfect in every way.
If you’d like to explore guided journaling and a whole lot of self-care, my online course, Intro To You, helps you ask yourself these deep questions. The course is about connecting to your truest self and learning how to tune in for added strength, guidance, and direction.
Start your journey with Intro to You today.